Sugary drinks pile on pounds — Says incredibly obvious report
A while back I mentioned that a special pet peeve of mine are scientific studies that confirm the obvious. Along with such greats as "Alcohol makes members of the opposite sex more attractive", this study confirms what 100% of the rest of the world would have guessed before a single dime was spent.
An extra can of soda a day can pile on 15 pounds in a single year, and the “weight of evidence” strongly suggests that this sort of increased consumption is a key reason that more people have gained weight, the researchers say.
I love the “weight of evidence” part. Classy, yet ironically punny.
Let’s start taking bets on what the next study will be:
- Watching porn makes you horny, says new scientific report.
- Eating potato chips makes you thirsty, say researchers.
- Not getting enough sleep makes you cranky, study shows.
- Men prefer looking at attractive women, survey finds.
- Too much coffee makes you jumpy, report scientists.
Seriously, as easy as they are to make up, I swear, one of these will come true soon enough — mark my words!